No eggs, no oil, no water. Two. Ingredients. That’s it. Ok, three if you have a chocolate craving and four if you can’t say no to cream cheese frosting. There are two things I love in the kitchen: easy recipes + anything that involves pumpkin. After seeing this on Pinterest, I decided I needed to give it a go and it was totally worth it. The below recipe makes a little less than 2 dozen muffins since you need to fill the tins with more batter than you usually would (they won’t rise as much as “normal” muffins). I made half of mine without chocolate chips and then added them in to the remaining batter – both muffins were absolutely delicious so just do whatever your heart/belly desires! What are your favorite pumpkin/Fall-inspired recipes?
Two-Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins
Makes about 18 muffins
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 15 oz. can of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 bag mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Cream cheese frosting (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine spice cake mix and pumpkin puree into a mixing bowl.
- Blend by hand or with a mixer for two minutes until well mixed – doing this by hand is somewhat difficult because the batter gets pretty hard.
- After mixing, add chocolate chips if desired.
- Scoop batter into lined or greased muffin tins. Since you’re forgoing traditional cupcake ingredients, these will not rise as much so go ahead and fill the entire muffin tin with batter.
- Bake muffins for 20 minutes and let them cool before removing from the tins.
- Enjoy plain or with a little cream cheese frosting on top!
Really feeling in the Fall spirit? Check out these Fall-inspired coasters and trivets in the Lauerland Boutique!